There is no doubt that a white smile makes you look younger, healthier, and more attractive. If you are considering getting your teeth whitened, you are not alone. Many people are interested in this procedure because it can make such a big difference in their appearance. In this blog post, we will discuss the pros and cons of getting your teeth whitened professionally.
Teeth whitening lightens stains and discoloration while brightening your teeth. It is the most prevalent dental treatment because it may improve the appearance of teeth. The ADA states that tooth whiteners generally include one of two active ingredients – hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide – to break down stains into smaller particles and make the colour less concentrated, resulting in brighter teeth.
Pros and Cons of Whitening Your Teeth
Although teeth whitening is typically not detrimental to one’s oral health, there are a few things to consider before undergoing or continuing any teeth whitening treatment. Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of teeth whitening:
- You may desire a brighter white smile for numerous reasons, but one of the most common is to enhance your appearance. You could want to remove discoloration or stains caused by smoking or drinking too much coffee or tea.
- It can be done at home, though you may opt for professional treatments for best results.
- Although the whitening treatments often include hydrogen peroxide, they are proven safe to use if you follow the directions.
- As a fast-acting procedure, teeth whitening provides an immediate outcome, especially if you do it expertly with your dentist. You will notice a significant difference in less than 2 hours.
- Using a whitening product may irritate your teeth. If you have sensitive teeth to begin with, you’re likely to feel it more.
- It’s not permanent, and the whitening effect varies from person to person. The impact will be shorter for individuals who smoke cigarettes and consume a lot of coffee and tea.
- To maintain your whiter teeth, you’ll need to change the food and beverages you consume. You won’t be able to smoke cigarettes either.
- It won’t make your veneers/crowns any whiter – If you have matching teeth with your height or surface, the color of your teeth will be uneven after tooth whitening is finished.
Although tooth whitening treatments in an office might cost a few hundred dollars, at-home whitening trays and over-the-counter bleaching strips are generally cheaper. No doubt that getting teeth whitened by a dentist is more costly than using Crest white strips! Aside from the price, if you want to achieve the best results with teeth whitening, you should approach an expert.
The Bottom Line
There are many things to consider before getting your teeth professionally whitened. The most important thing is to find a reputable practitioner who can provide you with the results you want. Be sure to ask questions before making a decision. Once you have found the right professional, follow their instructions carefully to ensure the best results. With the right care, your teeth will look brighter and healthier in no time!
Ready to get your teeth whitened? Contact Hale Wellness Dental Studio today to see how we can help!